Permanent September 2023
This is an excellent opportunity for a Teacher of Geography to work at a high achieving, fully comprehensive school in Dorking in Surrey.
Who we are:
Ashcombe is highly sought-after, with very high levels of interest for September 2023. This is due to a wide range of factors including its facilities, academic results, standards of teaching, pastoral care, the wide range of trips and extra-curricular activities and the resultant attitudes of its pupils. In our 2022 ‘Investors in People’ Report, our staff said:
“It is a great place to work, and I can see all the things that are happening – it’s all positive”
What we offer:
- A very successful and dynamic department which achieves strong results and progression at both GCSE and A level
- The department is well managed and resourced, with a dedicated computer suite
- A supportive climate of cooperation, resulting in detailed schemes of work and excellent resources
- National and international extra-curricular trips
- An excellent ECT programme – with salary backdated to 1st August
- Regular professional development opportunities
- Day nursery on site with preferential rates for staff
- On-site parking
- Close to A25, M25 and local train stations
What we’re looking for:
- A person who is passionate about Geography and will encourage curiosity in our students
- An ability to deliver the curriculum to a high standard
- An open minded approach to expanding and encouraging knowledge growth in students of all abilities
- We are seeking someone with the commitment and enthusiasm to be part of a lively, well managed and successful team
What Ofsted say:
“Pupils’ attitudes towards learning are very positive. Pupils are attentive and responsive in equal measure in lessons. As a result, there is a very harmonious learning atmosphere"
How to apply:
Click the ‘Quick apply’ button below to complete an application form.
Chris Panting, Headteacher, will present an overview of the school by Zoom on Thursday 19th January 2023 at 6.30pm. A school tour is available on Monday 16th January 2023 at 3.45pm. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for these events.
Applications must be submitted by 8 am on Monday 22nd January 2023. Please note we may interview as applications are received. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
Whatever the outcome of your application we thank you for the interest you have shown and wish you well in your future career.
The Ashcombe School