About the role: Effective administrative support and governance are essential to the success of our Trust, and our team of PAs are crucial in ensuring the Executive Team and Directors can efficiently fulfil their positions. Leigh Academies Trust is a multi-academy trust (MAT) which comprises of primary, secondary and special needs academies across South East London and Kent, educating over 15,000 students on a daily basis.
We have an exciting new vacancy for a Governance Secretary to join us as soon as possible. The successful candidate must be able to work to a highly professional and organised standard. The successful applicant will also have a genuine interest in school governance, ensuring they keep abreast with current educational developments and legislation affecting schools.
We can offer you:
- An extremely supportive, friendly team and work environment
- Commitment to job-specific training
- Commitment to personal professional development
- The opportunity to be part of Leigh Academies Trust, benefiting from shared resources and support and being part of an innovative governance structure
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Well organised and have the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to suit the needs and requirements of the Trust
- Confident in communicating with personnel at all levels and with stakeholders from central and local government, governors, sponsors and a diverse range of individuals and groups within the local community
- Able to remain professional when handling confidential material
- Knowledgeable on governance procedures and educational legislation and guidance and/or willingness to develop knowledge
- Able to demonstrate integrity in all that they do
This role offers £30 per hour and the hours will be agreed in advance.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st September 2021, our Trust comprises 31 geographically organised academies (15 secondaries, 14 primaries and 2 special) educating 20,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training organisations, a large teaching school hub and is an accredited apprenticeship provider.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
Our commitment to safeguarding: Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Our commitment to equality and diversity: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals, we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We are committed to providing equality and fairness throughout our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Leigh Academies Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date. Applicants will be notified of this where possible. Therefore, early applications are encouraged.