St Bartholomew’s School is a fantastic place to teach. We are committed to professional development of our staff. We are proud of both our academic success (P8 >0.6 over last 5 years) and the inclusive nature of our pastoral support so that the school works for everyone in the school community.
We are searching for a full time Head of Department: Product Design to join us from 17 April 2023 on a permanent basis.
You will work in our committed and enthusiastic Expressive Arts faculty in a modern school, supported by an excellent house system.
We are looking for:
An enthusiastic and passionate individual who will provide first-class teaching, and lead their team to grow Product Design as a subject.
We offer you:
- An Outstanding School in all areas as judged by Ofsted in November 2021.
- A modern school with excellent facilities with a work room for every faculty and a laptop and desk for all teaching staff.
- Smaller than average class sizes (average 27 students per class).
- Students who, through the wide and diverse academic and co-curricular opportunities they are offered, grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community.
- A personalised professional development programme to support your individual career goals including opportunities to be coached or coach others, internal and external training throughout the year, sharing good practice, contributions to school strategy, peer observations and feedback.
- A focus on well-being for all staff and students.
- A free lunch every day.
- A level teaching is available for suitable candidates.
- Preferential admission for children of staff as per the School Admissions policy.
Please check out the Headteacher’s welcome video to find out more about St Bart’s.
St Bart’s is a leading academy school (1975 on roll with a Sixth Form of 625) in West Berkshire. Road links are good as we are close to the A34 and M4, as well as excellent public transport and within walking distance of Newbury train station.
Closing date: Sunday 29 January 2023
If selected for interview you will be given a tour of the school by our students so you can see first-hand all that we have to offer, we think you’ll be impressed. If you have any questions please contact us on 01635 521255 or email email@example.com
All applicants shortlisted with be subject to an online search. Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS enhanced check along with other relevant employment checks.