The School seeks to appoint a full-time Head of English for September 2023.
This post comes with a generous package including the following:
- Rent-free accommodation provided on the Hill.
- Health cover provided free of charge for you and at a reduced rate for any members of your immediate family that you may wish to add.
- Access to a generous education fund for any children you may have.
The successful applicant will:
- Have overall responsibility for the teaching and administration of English, within and outside the timetable.
- Teach at all levels throughout the School.
- Lead the department in maintaining the highest academic standards, and develop best practices in the teaching of English.
- Lead and develop the super-curricular provision of the department, which includes Electives, lectures and all other academic extension; Lead the department’s university preparation for boys applying for English and other similar courses.
- Have oversight of the department’s work with the Admissions department.
- Be a tutor in a Boarding House, supporting the House Master in the pastoral care of a group of boys.
- Contribute fully to the co-curriculum.
Please visit the School’s website at https://www.harrowschool.org.uk/contact/work-at-harrow
Or click on the 'Apply on School website' button for more detailed information about the role, and to complete an online application form.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 10 October 2022.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with any past employer and the DBS.