Would you like to be part of a forward-thinking, supportive school community where your professional development is a priority?
St James' is an Ofsted-rated "Good" school where we are committed to the flourishing of all our staff and pupils. Values and ethos are extremely strong; in January 2020 we were rated as an Outstanding Catholic school in our Section 48 Diocesan inspection.
We seek to appoint for September 2023, a well-qualified Head of Mathematics. All Heads of core curriculum subjects at St James’ are part of the extended leadership team and this post is offered on the leadership pay scale.
The Maths department at St James’ is supportive, collegiate and forward-thinking and you will be supported by a Lead Practitioner and a team of dedicated specialist teachers.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A well-qualified Mathematician able to offer Maths to A Level.
- An aspiring senior leader.
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with a proven track record of excellent results and a compelling vision for improvement.
- A colleague with experience of curriculum leadership in a large department, for example as a 2i/c.
- A collegiate approach and experience in supporting the development of colleagues.
- A team player, able to lead and inspire others.
- Fully supportive of the culture and ethos of our Catholic school.
We can offer you an excellent package including bespoke CPD, childcare vouchers and support from leaders who take seriously the importance of work-life balance. We value your development and will work with you to ensure that your talents are nurtured to the full, welcoming applicants from all faiths and backgrounds.
The successful applicant will be joining a school that has the development of all our members, staff and pupils alike, at the heart of our mission.
If you are an enthusiastic, creative, well-organised professional who wants to develop your craft in a school where human flourishing is at the heart of what we do, we would love to hear from you.
Closing date: noon, Tuesday 28 February 2023.
Interviews: w/c Monday 6 March 2023.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.