We are seeking to recruit a passionate Head of MFL who will be an excellent role model with a desire to share this with pupils and staff, and you will be committed to raising achievement and able to deliver excellent outcomes.
Why Choose us?
Lawn Manor Academy is part of the Ascend Learning Trust (ALT) based in Swindon. We offer a fantastic benefits scheme, with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holidays and cinema with online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh. Our school is set in the beautiful Lawn Manor Woods in Old Town Swindon.
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly, and well-run school.
- The Trusts commitment to staff wellbeing including generous calendar dates and INSET days.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Reward and recognition, celebrating staff success.
- Leadership development opportunities both internally and across other schools in the Trust.
- A successful ECT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Courteous and hardworking pupils.
- Benefits for discounts via an online staff portal.
- Provide strategic leadership and management of the department to ensure continuous improvement and development.
- Lead and manage the department and teachers within it on a day-to-day basis.
- To line manage the EAL Coordinator.
- Take a leading role in the delivery of the curriculum and be an exemplar of best practice in the department.
- Represent the department at Raising Standards meetings.
- To work with the Leadership Team and outside agencies to further develop the practice of the department.
- Monitor, evaluate and review the work of the department in line with school policies to ensure continuous improvement of standards.
- To administer the performance management review of each member of the department in line with the school’s Performance Management Policy. Undertake the management of staff within the Department, including induction, interviews, training, development and career management and day-to-day management matters, such as leave of absence, sick leave, etc. and referring where required to the HR Manager or Headteacher.
- To liaise with the Academy’s HR Manager with any staffing issues.
- To liaise with the Academy’s Finance Team in order to ensure the effective management of all department finances.
- To implement, monitor and review the department self-evaluation and contribute to the whole school evaluation (SEF).
- Ensure consistent formative assessment/marking of all pupil work and to carry out standardisation and moderation of pupil’s work.
- Use pupil data to set and monitor targets in order to ensure progression.
Full details of the description can be found in the recruitment pack.
To apply for this role, please ensure that you complete our application form from our website or alternatively email email@example.com to obtain this form to complete and return this to us, as we do not accept CV’s.
Closing Date: 16 April 2023
Interview Date: Week Commencing 24 April 2023
Please note if we receive enough applications, we may close this job role earlier.
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
In line with KCSIE 2022 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children.
Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment.
Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.