Hours: Flexible, part-time or full-time (with occasional evening/weekend work)
Oak Wood School is on the hunt for an ambitious, hardworking and motivated Head of Recruitment to join our fabulous team! We are looking for an ambitious individual (graduate or non-graduate) who has a genuine passion to work hard, is self-motivated and will go-above and beyond for all. The role will involve sourcing top tier education talent (Teachers & Graduates) from writing adverts, headhunting via social media & creating partnerships with universities. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the school's employer brand, attracting high-quality teachers and associate staff as well as taking ownership of the recruitment process.
- Develop and manage the school's recruitment strategy, ensuring that it aligns with the school's vision and values.
- Manage and coordinate the recruitment process from start to finish, including writing job descriptions, advertising vacancies, shortlisting candidates, organising interviews, and making job offers.
- Ensure that the recruitment process is efficient, effective, and legally compliant.
- Develop and maintain relationships with universities, colleges, and other organisations to attract the best candidates.
- Monitor and report on recruitment metrics, such as time to hire, cost per hire, and candidate satisfaction.
- Manage the school's employer brand, ensuring that it is attractive to potential candidates.
- Develop and maintain a network of high-quality candidates, ensuring that the school has a pipeline of talent.
- Liaise with the HR department to ensure that the recruitment process is integrated with other HR processes.
- Manage the recruitment budget, ensuring that recruitment costs are minimised while maintaining the quality of the recruitment process.
- At least 3 years of experience in a recruitment role, preferably in the education sector.
- Proven track record of attracting high-quality candidates.
- Experience in managing end-to-end recruitment processes.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of employment law and best practice in recruitment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- A commitment to the school's values and ethos.
- CIPD or other relevant qualification would be an advantage.
Oak Wood School was judged as a ‘Good’ school by Ofsted (May 2022) and is a truly inclusive, mixed, multi-ethnic 11-18 school that embraces all aspects of comprehensive education. A career at Oak Wood School is your chance to be part of a remarkable team that are working to ensure our students are prepared to be the well- rounded leaders of tomorrow.
“Pupils at Oak Wood School are polite, friendly and confident. They are part of a diverse community and get along well with each other. The school’s ethos is for pupils to dream, learn and grow. Staff here inspire pupils and develop their knowledge, understanding and character.” Ofsted 2022
We believe our best resources are our staff. There is a popular and thriving programme of professional development in the department and across the school, at all levels, and colleagues have the opportunity to develop personally and professionally through our membership of both the PiXL club and the Harrow Collegiate Alliance (HCA). The school also offers excellent promotion prospects and a comprehensive induction programme. Colleagues benefit from a commitment to staff well-being and are provided with several schemes to support them maintain an active and healthy lifestyle.
Situated on a large site close to Heathrow Airport and the centre of Hillingdon, Oak Wood School has much to offer:
- A commitment to the professional development of all its staff to become outstanding teachers and leaders
- Staff wellbeing programme
- Childcare and cycle to school vouchers
- Excellent transport links (by train 45 minutes to central London), bus routes 427, 278 & U2, train (Chiltern Railways, Great Western Railway and Underground (Metropolitan & Piccadilly)
- On-site parking including electric charging facilities
- On-site catering facilities.
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a flexible and rewarding role, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role via email to HR@oakwoodschool.uk.
Oak Wood School has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. Oak Wood School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.