We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher to lead our thriving Religious Education department and guide PSHE across the school. Applications are welcome from experienced teachers able to teach Religious Education throughout the ability range at KS3, KS4 and Philosophy and Ethics at KS5. Excellent support is available from a very experienced team. All students study Religious Education at Key Stage 3. Religious Education is also a popular option at GCSE. All students study PSHE for one period per week across the whole school from Years 7 to 13.
Oak Wood School is a truly inclusive mixed, multi-ethnic 11-18 school that embraces all aspects of comprehensive education. The curriculum is well balanced and reflects the needs of all our students and the local community in that we cater for the academic and vocational subjects.
Situated on a large site close to Heathrow Airport and the centre of Hillingdon, Oak Wood School has much to offer:
- a commitment to the professional development of all its staff to become outstanding teachers and leaders
- staff wellbeing programme
- childcare and cycle to school vouchers
- excellent transport links (by train 45 minutes to central London), bus routes 427, 278 & U2, train (Chiltern Railways, Great Western Railway and Underground (Metropolitan & Piccadilly)
- on-site parking including electric charging facilities
- on-site catering facilities.
Completed applications to be sent to Shannon Smith or emailed to the HR Department. Please note that CVs will not be accepted - you must complete our application to be considered for this post.
Visits to the school can be arranged if requested.
Further details are available from the vacancies page of our website by clicking the apply button.
Closing date: Midday, Wednesday 21 April 2021
Interviews: Thursday 29 April 2021
The appointment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS Disclosure. Oak Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.