Would you like to be part of a forward-thinking, supportive school community where your professional development is a priority?
St James' is an Ofsted-rated "Good" school where we are committed to the flourishing of all our staff and pupils. Values and ethos are extremely strong.
We seek to appoint for September 2024, a practising Catholic who is a dynamic and inspirational Head of Religious Education (RE) to lead an ‘outstanding’RE Department (Section 48 inspection January 2020).
As a Catholic school, RE is a Core department, all pupils study RE at KS3, KS4 (GCSE AQA Spec B), KS5 (all pupils study Core RE) and we offer Edexcel A-Level Religious Studies. We welcome applications from candidates currently in similar roles or aspiring Middle Leaders. The successful candidate will benefit from the support and line management of an Assistant Headteacher with previous RE Department leadership and a successful track record.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Be a practicing Catholic (The Head of the RE Department is a reserved role in a Catholic school).
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with a proven track record of excellent results and a compelling vision for improvement.
- Be committed to working in pursuit of success for students and of raising standards.
- A team player, able to lead and inspire colleagues and pupils alike.
- Ability to teach to A-level.
- Be sympathetic to the aims, ethos and values of the school.
- Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality lessons to pupils.
What we offer you:
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- An Ofsted rated ‘good’school.
- A section 48 rated ‘outstanding’school.
- Well-resourced RE teaching base.
- Childcare vouchers.
A strong community spirit; staff who are very supportive towards each other with a great camaraderie existing throughout the school.
Strong links with other RE departments across the Diocese working in a supportive partnership.
Our leadership team are committed to the professional and personal development of our teachers, and we actively look for ways to make sure that work-life balance is a reality.
The successful applicant will be joining a highly organised, committed, energetic and well-equipped department in a school that has the development of all our members, staff and pupils alike, at the heart of our mission.
If you are an enthusiastic, creative, well-organised professional who wants to develop your craft in a school where human flourishing is at the heart of what we do, we would love to hear from you.
Application deadline: 12pm, Tuesday 27 February 2024.
Interviews commence: week commencing 4 March 2024.
We may interview candidates ahead of the closing date so early application is advised. The school reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advertised closing date. This advert may be closed at any time.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.