We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher to lead a successful Religious Studies and Philosophy Department from September 2021.
John Lyon is an independent day school in Harrow, North West London. Having been a senior boys’ school for 145 years, the school has recently announced its move to co-education, beginning in September 2021, and an amalgamation with local prep school Quainton Hall, making it an all-through 2-18 school with attached nursery.
The successful candidate will be well-qualified, energetic, organised and ambitious. The post would suit a teacher with leadership potential or leadership experience who has excellent subject knowledge and is passionate about Religious Studies and Philosophy. A willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the School is essential.
- Competitive salary, above that of the maintained sector.
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Fees remission for children of staff.
- Surface Book for every member of teaching staff.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Complimentary lunch during term-time.
- Use of the School’s Sports Centre, including swimming pool.
- Discounted membership to Harrow School’s Golf Club.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
Please be aware that CVs alone will not be accepted.
Closing date: 12pm, Tuesday 2 February 2021.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and pupils. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our pupils and staff.