An exciting an opportunity has arisen to lead The Holy Cross School in New Malden, Surrey.
Governors are seeking an experienced and inspiring leader to provide an environment where every single individual is valued and where everyone, no matter what their background, has an opportunity to succeed. The applicant will be a committed and practising Catholic with a strong personal faith that will encourage others to live out the school’s mission and will have proven ability to confidently lead this inclusive and richly diverse school community. The collaborative ethos which permeates the school is at the heart of our success. Excellent student behaviour and an extremely well organised school provide the foundation for teachers to focus on delivering outstanding lessons and continuously improving their practice. If you are appointed you will be supported by highly motivated staff, outstanding students, supportive families and a governing body which, with you, will enable Holy Cross to build on its present excellence to embrace the change necessary to take it to the next stage. The new Headteacher will have:
- a proven track record of sustained improvement and senior leadership experience in a secondary school
- a belief in the power of education to transform lives and improve social mobility
- the ability to lead curriculum development, building on existing strengths and recognising areas for development
- a commitment to evidence based high quality teaching and learning
- the creativity and vision to inspire and lead change and the focus to ensure successful outcomes are reached
- a clear and committed strategic vision, combined with highly effective communication skills that will inspire, motivate and lead all key stakeholders.
Above all, you will share our passion and belief that children’s learning and the development of their potential is at the heart of all decisions made. If you possess the vision to inspire students, staff and the wider community and the leadership skills to realise this vision, we would welcome your application.
To apply, please visit our website where you can view and download the applicant pack, the person specification and job description for the role and download a CES Senior Leadership Application Form. Please refer to the applicant pack for full details about the application process.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 19 April 2021
Candidate shortlisting: Tuesday 20 April 2021
Stage 1 Virtual Interviews: Tuesday 27 April 2021
Applicants who successfully complete Stage 1, will be invited back for a face to face Stage 2 interview on Wednesday 28 April 2021.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references will be required prior to the commencement of this post.