We are looking for a History Teacher in a school which offers outstanding opportunities for professional development. Twyford Church of England High School, an Ofsted outstanding school with a thriving Sixth Form, is one of four Twyford Trust schools, and the new post-holder will be joining us at a time of growth. The Trust offers excellent promotion prospects for motivated and enthusiastic teachers who support the ethos of our schools.
The school offers a wide-ranging history curriculum which aims to teach our students to be powerful conceptual thinkers. The basis of good history is a strong argument and our curriculum asks students to question and interrogate the value of evidence from the past, create their own arguments and question the arguments of others, as they learn about a wide variety of historical topics relating to both Britain and the wider world. At Twyford, history is a very subject at both GCSE and A-Level. At GCSE students study the AQA specification including papers on ‘Migration, Empires and the People 790 to the present day’, ‘Conflict and tension between East and West, 1945-1972’, ‘Elizabethan England 1568-1603’ and ‘America, 1920-1973: Opportunity and Inequality”. At A Level students also study the AQA specification focusing on Tudor England, Weimar and Nazi Germany, and modern Russia. We assess our students rigorously and regularly, with students working towards GCSE and A-level assessment objectives even at KS3. This ensures that there is sustained development of key skills and depth of knowledge required for them to be successful throughout their schooling.
For more information about the school, please visit the Twyford CE High School and Twyford Trust websites.
- Exceptional professional development and career progression.
- Positive working relationships at all levels.
- A supportive Leadership Team.
- A full-range of Trust services providing support and development.
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status.
- Successful teaching experience in a high achieving secondary school.
- Ability to teach History to KS5.
- Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments.
- An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement.
- An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively.
- Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement.
- A commitment to the ethos of the school.
How to apply
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website for more information about how to apply, and t o download a Job description and Application Form.
Applications must be emailed to HR on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 pm, Monday 24 January 2022.
Interview date: tbc week commencing 31 January 2022.
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
You will also be expected to sign and adhere to the school’s Safeguarding Children & Young People and Safe Working Practice Agreement which is available as a download on the school website Vacancies page.