Hours: 36 hours per week
Hendon is an amazing School. Our students and staff are passionate about what they are doing, about caring for each other and about our school values of Believe, Achieve, Lead and Belong. We work with our young people to give them the best opportunities as they prepare to be ready for the next stage of their life and enable them to become the people that they want to be. Our sense of community is strong and many students have won local and national awards for their achievements and contributions to society.
We are looking to recruit a HR Assistant to support our HR Partner within our successful and outstanding school with a strong, shared purpose, and a commitment to providing excellent human resources services to the School.
The successful applicant will assist in the day to day operations of the HR function, where the key duties will be:
- To provide confidential administrative support for the HR function including the production of letters, documents and reports and using initiative to deal with telephone calls.
- To support the recruitment process including placing advertisements, preparing interviewer packs, booking rooms and any additional tasks or documentation.
- To action all new staff administration including seeking references, medical clearances and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) applications.
- To assist in the induction process for new staff.
- Provide generalist first line HR advice to line managers to ensure compliance with employment legislation as well as a positive employee relations climate referring to the HR Partner as necessary.
- Provide day-to-day support and advice to employees in all HR matters referring to the HR Partner as necessary
- Support with the coordination of employee relations casework in conjunction e.g. note taking at grievance and disciplinary meetings, arranging absence and capability meetings etc
- Support with the School’s School Workforce Census annual return
- To ensure probationary procedures for support staff are adhered
- To assist in maintaining the staff personnel files and database.
- To maintain the Single Central Record and other HR record systems.
- To always maintain confidentiality and GDPR adherence.
The Job Description fully outlines the requirements of this post.
We are seeking applications from skilled administrators who ideally have experience of working in the HR field within the education sector. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and enthusiastic with a positive ‘can do’ approach and the ability to work efficiently and flexibly in a busy team environment.
Candidates must have excellent administrative, clerical and organisational skills and be able to manage multiple tasks at once. Candidates must be able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with a number of stakeholders, and have a good working knowledge of IT systems. Please review the person specification for further details on the skills and attributes required of the post-holder. In return, we offer membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, generous holiday and a real commitment to professional development and the role will allow the person appointed to gain experience in a wide range of HR duties.
Closing date: Noon, Friday 7 October 2022
Interviews w/c: 10 October 2022
Applications will be considered upon receipt and interviews can take place at any time. The school reserves the right to close this post at an earlier date should a successful appointment be made.
Candidates must complete the School Application Form, which can be accessed on our website www.hendonschool.co.uk or via TES www.tes.com. Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com.
Please Note: CVs will not be considered.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are determined to make Hendon School a fair and equal place, where everyone has the same opportunity to reach their potential.
We can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.