Flexibility will be considered for reduced working hours for the right candidate (min. 20 hours, 4 hours per day)
Term time plus four weeks during school holidays (inclusive of INSET days) - 42 weeks
We have an opportunity within the school’s HR function for a HR Assistant who will provide support to the HR advisor by carrying out different HR related activities including absence management, recruitment, on boarding activities and supporting with HR administrative duties.
The successful HR Assistant will be responsible for:
- Recruitment checks.
- On boarding of new starters, including probation.
- Processing leavers.
- Liaising with payroll.
- Absence Management including return to work meetings.
- Monitoring completion of mandatory training by staff including safeguarding.
- Supporting the HR advisor with HR administrative duties including updating staff files both manual and electronic files.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- High attention to detail, with experience of dealing with confidential information.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build rapport with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficient MS office skills – training will be provided on bespoke systems (SIMS).
- Experience in education is desirable however; we will provide all the necessary training to help you to be successful.
Slough and Eton is a great school on the outskirts of Slough, which serves the Chalvey community. We are relentlessly focused on ensuring great teaching, learning and experiences are at the core of what we do. It is an exciting time for us and our students are a pleasure to work with.
Staff benefits include:
- Complimentary breakfast.
- Break and lunch time refreshments.
- An onsite gym for staff use out of hours.
- Free flu vaccinations.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you would like to contribute to our exciting future please contact our HR Advisor, Beverly Glanville for an application form email@example.com or visit our website at www.slougheton.com in the vacancy section for further details and application pack.
CV’s alone will not be accepted as a valid application.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 29 September 2023
Interviews: w/c 2 October 2023
We reserve the right to interview promising candidates prior to this date if applications are received early.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We are, or course, committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students and staff and will conduct all necessary DBS checks as part of our recruitment process.