We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and efficient Inclusion Teaching Assistant to work within our vibrant and dedicated Inclusion department.
The Inclusion department offers support to students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) as well as students with other social and emotional and learning needs. The department also helps those students for whom engagement with learning is a barrier. Enthusiasm, patience and a willingness to work with students of all ages is necessary.
The successful candidate will undertake the following key roles:
- Support students, both in the classroom and the Inclusion department, so as to develop their learning and progress.
- Support student well-being and emotional growth as part of a whole school focus on mental health.
- Work closely with the Inclusion leadership team to secure better outcomes for students who need extra levels of support.
- Provide emotional support for students who need extra guidance from an additional adult.
- Support Key Stage Three and Key Stage Four pupils whose learning is facilitated within the Inclusion department and in the classroom.
- Work with pupils on a 1:1 or small group basis delivering a variety of programmes.
- To keep accurate records of attendance and intervention work undertaken as well as provide feedback to the Inclusion leadership team.
- To work with the Inclusion team's homework provision.
Little Heath School is a highly successful comprehensive school (1658 on roll, including 366 in the Sixth Form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading, with good access to road and rail links. The school has recently benefited from a significant and transformational building project, opening a new £15 million main block in spring 2021.
As a school, we pride ourselves on our Continuing Professional Development Programme, which supports teachers to continually improve their practice in innovative ways, collaborating with other members of staff.
For an application form and information pack please email our recruitment team. Please address supporting letter of application to the Headteacher.
Closing date: Monday 4 July 2022
Interviews will be held: TBC
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School Governing Body is an equal opportunities employer. Appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).