Are you looking for a part-time role that flexibility suits your current commitments? We are seeking to recruit Invigilators to join our existing team and to assist with the administration of all internal and public examinations.
The main purpose of this role is to supervise examinations and to ensure that guidelines and regulations for the integrity and security of the examination papers and procedures are followed during examination sessions. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Ensure registration is undertaken.
- Ensure accurate checking of exam details.
- Ensure candidate numbers are distributed accurately.
- Ensure students do not communicate once they enter the examination room.
- Facilitate the smooth running of the examinations by ensuring that students abide by the rules of the school and the examining bodies.
- Use methodical and accurate placement of seating plans, and ensure that all necessary papers and equipment are available prior to the start of the exam
- To distribute question papers, answer booklets and associated materials at the beginning of the examination and to collect them at the end.
- Ensure that students do not communicate with each other and will not assist the student in any way to answer a question. They may be required to act as readers or scribes to students
- Accompany students if they need to leave the examination room for any reason and ensure they do not communicate with anyone.
This role offers £12.85 per hour and is offered on a paid on claim basis.
Being a part of Stationers' Crown Woods Academy: The academy has a zero tolerance approach to misbehaviour and low-level disruption, our behaviour systems are tightly managed so that teachers are able to focus on delivering high quality teaching in a positive classroom environment that is conducive to learning. The £50 million campus incorporates four home schools each serving 450 students, alongside a range of state-of-the-art resources for sport, the arts and digital communication. This structure has enabled us to build an academy where every pupil is able to achieve their full potential. An academy where no child feels lost and no child is left behind. An academy where the bonds between parent, teacher and child are strong. As part of The Leigh Academies Trust we are able to offer even further scope for collaboration, developing best practice, staff investment and training opportunities at both classroom and leadership level.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st September 2021, our Trust comprises 31 geographically organised academies (15 secondaries, 14 primaries and 2 special) educating 20,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training organisations, a large teaching school hub and is an accredited apprenticeship provider.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
Our commitment to safeguarding: Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Our commitment to equality and diversity: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals, we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We are committed to providing equality and fairness throughout our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds.