We are seeking to appoint a highly effective support member of staff to join the Key Stage 4 Team to work with students in Year 9, 10 and 11. Primarily, the role involves supporting the progress of key learner groups, as well as analysing and evaluating data to determine the impact of school interventions, to ensure high standards of progress and attainment across all learner groups. A large part of the role is student facing; the successful candidate will be a primary point of contact for students across Key Stage 4, with a focus on improving their achievement and engagement with learning.
The person we are seeking will:
- promote the positive behaviour and excellent attendance of all students within the school, specifically at Key Stage 4;
- track and monitor student progress using the school recording systems, including 4 Matrix and ALPS4;
- develop and deliver personalised intervention programmes within and after school to support students' academic progress;
- in close liaison with parents, and working closely with pastoral staff, support targeted students in developing independent learning skills, encouraging them to meet deadlines and make outstanding progress across all subjects;
- promote the school's inclusion policy by supporting students in their learning and personal development, removing barriers to achievement, working in small groups or with individual students as directed, including the differentiation of resources as appropriate.
Little Heath School is a successful comprehensive school (1658 on roll, including 366 in the Sixth Form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading with good access to road and rail links. As a school, we pride ourselves on our strong Professional Development programme, believing that support staff need to be able to develop their own practice collaboratively with others.
For an application form and information pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address supporting letter of application to the Headteacher.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd October 2021
Interviews to be held during: week commencing 1st November 2021
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School Governing Body is an equal opportunities employer. Appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk