This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher with the ability to inspire and motivate students and staff alike. You will have a unique opportunity to make a substantial contribution to further improving outcomes for a significant group of vulnerable and challenging learners and to help to shape and develop English provision across the College.
We are looking for applicants who are willing to work on our Abingdon site.
As an English Teacher you will be:
- a skilled practitioner in the classroom, with a proven background in managing challenging behaviour.
- experienced in working with KS3 and KS4 students and excited about the opportunity to work with our students.
- relentless in your approach to both engaging our students in and with English, and securing them the best academic outcomes.
- highly motivated, with a passion for your subject.
- have bags of enthusiasm, patience and perseverance.
- the ability to offer another subject which would inspire and engage our students would be welcomed.
Why work at Meadowbrook College?
- Meadowbrook College staff are both professional and resilient. There is a “can do” attitude that makes a real difference to the lives of our students; many of whom have become disengaged with education and lost the confidence to achieve their full potential.
- We offer a variety of opportunities for ongoing professional development for all staff.
- We are working in an ever-changing and expanding educational climate where the need for alternative provision solutions is increasing. Our provision is always adapting and new opportunities are always evolving.
Please complete an application form, including a letter of application stating why you feel you are suitable for this post, and return to Charlotte Hughes, Headteacher’s PA.
Closing date: 12pm Monday, 31st January 2022.
Interviews: w/c Monday, 14th February 2022.
You are encouraged and welcome to visit the college; please contact Maria, if you would like to arrange this prior to application.
Please note that our recruitment and safeguarding procedures do not allow applicants to submit CV’s; all applications must be submitted on our application forms.