Accelerated pay progression for outstanding teachers
Our strong collaborative ethos is reinforced every Tuesday afternoon when we close our school to students so that the last timetabled lesson is dedicated to departmental lesson planning.
Every lesson shapes a life. At John Colet our teachers plan lessons in school, so the shape of their home life is as energetic as their classes.
Being able to plan lessons in advance, with time to review classes delivered and work submitted by students, is just one of the reasons teachers love working at John Colet School.
Other reasons teachers work at John Colet School (Ofsted rated – good) include:
- Good work/life balance.
- Being appreciated and recognised for a job well done.
- The support from colleagues and SLT.
- Respect and politeness from students.
- Range of resources and support available to help achieve personal and professional goals.
- Coaching and CPD workshops.
- Lovely setting/environment (with plentiful, free staff parking).
- Revision sessions are well received and attended by students.
- Knowing every student well and being able to offer individual support.
- Staff and pupils feel safe.
- Equality and diversity in the workplace is practiced.
- Accelerated pay progression for outstanding teachers.
- A wide variety of trips and extra-curricular activities (please see our website).
If you think life at John Colet School would suit you, then we are looking for an excellent teacher who can lead the department going forward from January 2023.
Applications from agencies and personal CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 3 October 2022.
Interview date: Early interviews will be offered to strong candidates.
John Colet School reserves the right to either extend or reduce the vacancy window to that advertised depending on volume of applications received. We would therefore recommend early return of completed application forms to avoid disappointment.
The John Colet School takes the safeguarding and wellbeing of students seriously and this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check and Qualifications check.