Full or Part time
Would you like to be part of a new and exciting initiative? Do you enjoy helping students who have found it difficult to access the school’s mainstream curriculum for a variety of reasons?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, resilient and committed teacher to join our team delivering an alternative curriculum in our Inclusion Unit to some of our students with effect from September 2022.
- Be able to teach a core subject (ideally) up to key stage 4 (this does not have to be your main subject specialism), as well as helping to deliver a range of other vocational provision (eg. Prince’s Trust).
- Work as part of a team providing an alternative timetable during school hours to students with learning and behaviour issues.
- Teach and tutor small groups of students in key stages 3 and 4, and work with some on a one-to-one basis.
- Have the skills and/or experience to work with students with learning and behavioural needs (SEMH), and can use a range of interventions to impact positively in meeting those needs.
Garth Hill is a friendly and supportive school with a strong team ethos, excellent facilities and an exceptional professional development programme with great opportunities for further career development.
- Highly effective behaviour and inclusion system with ‘send out’ and support.
- Centralised detentions to reduce teacher workload.
- Superb CPD including from our outstanding ‘Teaching and Learning Team’.
- OFSTED ‘good’ (May 2019).
- Friendly and supportive working environment.
Garth Hill College is a happy and vibrant place of learning. We are proud to be a genuinely comprehensive school and offer a wide and diverse range of excellent opportunities, inside and outside the classroom, that we believe enable our young people to develop exceptionally well both academically and personally.
Please Note: Applications may be dealt with on receipt which may cause
Should you have any queries please contact Ms S Barnes at the College on
Only applications submitted on the official application form will be considered.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday, 25 May 2022.
Please Note: Applications may be dealt with on receipt which may cause this position to close earlier than state.
Garth Hill College is committed to safeguarding children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a full disclosure by the Disclosure and Barring Service.