Hollington Primary Academy
Term time only plus Inset days • Monday to Friday, 30 hours per week
Are you passionate about supporting pupils with their learning and personal development?
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen and we are looking to recruit a Learning Mentor to join our friendly and supportive team. The role involves working in collaboration with other professionals, assessing, supporting and working with individuals and small groups of identified pupils, to improve behaviour, motivation, self esteem and educational attainment.
To be successful you will have:
- English and Maths GCSE (grade A-C or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a school setting supporting pupils with their learning and emotional needs
- Experience of establishing positive relationships with pupils and the ability to empathise
- A patient, resourceful, enthusiastic and flexible approach, with the ability to 'think on your feet'
- A strong commitment to supporting all pupils' learning and wellbeing through our nurture provision
We truly value the experience, the dedication and the commitment of all our employees.
When you work with us, we will offer you industry leading benefits including:
- Teachers and Support Staff receive automatic annual pay awards
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression
- A commitment to your health & wellbeing; onsite Wellbeing Champions, Employee Assistance program, flexible working opportunities from Day One
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- Generous annual leave + bank holidays
Hollington Primary Academy
At Hollington Primary Academy, from nursery through to Year 6, we are committed to giving our pupils the very best start in life.
The whole team strive to provide an outstanding, creative, inclusive, and fun learning experience. We want to prepare them to be citizens of the world, confident and able to make a difference.
We make learning interesting, relevant, and fun, because that creates children who love to learn, now and in their futures: children with the skills, the knowledge, and the attitude they need to challenge themselves to think big.
We are very proud to be part of the University of Brighton Academies Trust.
The University of Brighton is the sponsor of the University of Brighton Academies Trust. Close connection with the university allows us to draw on the expertise of its education experts and external contacts – something that greatly benefits our academies and our pupils.
Please download the attached job description and person specification for further information.
To arrange a visit to the academy and/or have an informal discussion please contact the academy office on 01424 851783 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: Sunday 25 September 2022
Interview dates: w/c 26 September 2022
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community.
The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.