An enthusiastic and well qualified Teaching Assistant is required to work alongside staff and pupils primarily in The Lower School (KS1).
The successful applicant will perform a range of duties which will include:
- Working alongside the class teacher providing academic and administrative support
- Hearing readers and changing reading books
- Working with small groups or one-to-one as directed by the teacher and SENDCO
- Accompanying and supervising pupils on the coaches to and from PE sessions
- Setting up and clearing the hall for gym lessons
- Helping with the preparation of practical lessons such as Art, Science and DT
- Providing support for after-school clubs.
Glendower has a reputation for being strongly academic and the curriculum is very broad with sport, art, drama, music and ICT having high profiles within the school. The salary is generous and above National Scale.
Closing date: Noon, Wednesday 5 May 2021
Interviews will be held: Monday 10 May 2021
Glendower Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the DBS. Glendower is an equal opportunities employer.