About the role: Are you seeking a part-time opportunity whereby your mornings and afternoons are kept free? Do you enjoy working with young adults and supportive colleagues? The Leigh UTC and Inspiration Academy are seeking to appoint a passionate member of staff to join our support staff team as a Lunchtime Supervisor. You will ensure that students move to and from the restaurant at the correct start and finish times in a calm and orderly manner. The working basis is Paid on Claim, 10 hours per week (two hours per day, 11.30am - 1.30pm, Monday - Friday), Term Time only, £9.50 per hour.
Please be aware that Lunchtime Supervisors are expected to take annual leave during school holidays and not during term
time. Essential appointments, such as dental or medical should be arranged outside working hours if/when possible.
Our successful candidate will be;
- Mature by nature.
- Confident and possess excellent people and communication skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with children and adults.
- Can be assertive and calm in a supervisory role.
- Is reliable and punctual.
- Is able to work as part of a team under the direction of the Senior team.
Working with us: Having opened in September 2014 with state-of-the-art facilities originally for Key Stage 4 and 5, The Leigh UTC provides an exciting, innovative, business-led, problem-solving curriculum, enabling students to achieve relevant academic and work-related qualifications and transferable skills for future destinations. The most unique feature of The Leigh UTC is its business ethos that are emphasised by our STEM rich curriculum and relationships with local and national employers.
In September 2017, following the request of the Department for Education due to our continued success, The Leigh UTC marked history by expanding its student intake to incorporate Key Stage 3 – the first UTC in England to do this. Furthermore, being the first UTC to have IB World School Status has enabled us to develop strong international links. Having IB Status has enabled us to further develop the mid-years programme (MYP) for our Key Stage 3 students and thus providing a joined-up pathway from ages 11 to 19. The overarching mission of the Inspiration Academy is to develop curious, academically-skilled young people who aspire to be principled, compassionate learners. Our curriculum strives to create students who are self-motivated, competent, willing to take risks and lifelong learners.
Our key successes and features that our successful candidate can be part of are as follows;
- The promotion of pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding.
- Pupils, including the disadvantaged and those who have special educational needs and/or disabilities, catch up from previous underachievement and make strong progress in a range of subjects and disciplines.
- Application to learning is often exemplary.
- The Leigh UTC makes a real difference for its pupils and surrounding area. Pupils become motivated to find and follow their passions. They leave well equipped to succeed in engineering and related technical and design careers and contribute to the economy.
- The Principal, with his leaders and staff team, model a high-quality working environment. This rubs off on pupils, who value the supportive ethos, work-like atmosphere.
- Our student destinations since opening reflect the value of a UTC education, with the vast majority going into STEM careers and no NEETs.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1 September 2021, our Trust comprises 31 geographically organised academies (15 secondaries, 14 primaries and 2 special) educating 20,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training organisations, a large teaching school hub and is an accredited apprenticeship provider.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
Our commitment to safeguarding: Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Our commitment to equality and diversity: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals, we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We are committed to providing equality and fairness throughout our recruitment and employment practices and not to discriminate on any grounds.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Leigh Academies Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date. Applicants will be notified of this where possible. Therefore, early applications are encouraged.