Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre is a very popular, oversubscribed and successful school set in 28 acres of parkland in Caversham to the north of Reading.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, innovative and enthusiastic Modern Foreign Languages teacher to join an established languages team in a well-resourced, successful department.
The successful candidate will have a passion for languages, with the ability to teach Spanish up to A Level. A willingness to teach across all years and abilities is essential. Languages is a popular subject at A Level. French as a subsidiary subject is desirable.
Why Highdown School?
- We are a Good School with many outstanding features
- We are committed to staff professional learning and leadership development for all staff, at all levels.
- We provide highly regarded ECT induction and Coaching for Excellence programmes.
- We have adopted a ‘Fair Workload Charter’.
- Staff benefit from being members of the PiXL Club and the Princes Teaching Institute.
- Staff have subsidised access to Highdown Sport and Leisure facilities.
We are on a journey to becoming a ‘regional centre of excellence’. Why not join us?
For details and an application form visit our website.
Please return your completed application form to Miss Nicci Burns, Headteacher’s PA.
Closing: Applications considered on receipt
Highdown School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are also trained in safer recruitment and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and a ‘Prohibition from Teaching’ check.