Are you our new Middle School Teacher?
St Piran's School is a vibrant, happy and successful coeducational preparatory school for boys and girls aged 2 to 11 years where every child is a valued member of the school community, and we provide them with the support, encouragement and opportunities to tackle personal obstacles, achieve high standards and fulfil their true potential. We recognise that our staff are our greatest asset, and you would be joining a warm, welcoming and high-performing community focused on the best outcomes for our children.
We are seeking a Middle School Teacher to join our friendly, inclusive, and high-achieving community at St. Piran's. The Middle School Teacher will be responsible for the day-to-day running of their class and will have a passion for delivering a cutting-edge and forward-thinking curriculum that enthuses and inspires the thinkers of today and the leaders of tomorrow.
The successful applicant will be:
- A graduate in education, or equivalent, with an exemplary teaching record.
- A clear understanding of curricular development in Years 3 & 4.
- To have excellent knowledge of subject matter across all areas of the curriculum.
- Ability to enthuse and encourage the children in their learning, whatever their ability level.
- Knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and its application.
Being part of the school also provides significant benefits for staff. This includes:
- Full-time permanent work, working term-time only.
- Your working hours will be Monday to Friday, normally between the hours of 8.00 am and 5.30 pm.
- Statutory Annual leave entitlement.
- Staff Pension Scheme.
- Group Life Insurance.
- Freshly prepared meals are available from the School catering facilities during term-time.
Further information about this position and how to apply can be found via the school website: https://www.stpirans.co.uk/contact-us/staff-vacancies.
Please ensure you complete the Application Form. CVs alone cannot be accepted. A CV may be submitted to support the application form.
Closing date: 23 February 2024. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, and schedule interviews accordingly. We reserve the right to close the vacancy at any time. Please apply as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please email Catherine Fraser, Head of HR on HR-Dept@stpirans.co.uk.
St Piran's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening, including checks with current and previous employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.