We are seeking for a Mini Bus Driver to work as part of the Premises Team and to be one of the Primary Mini Bus drivers for the School’s Home/School Transport Provision, including routine safety checks on the vehicle.
Why Choose us?
The Wellington Academy opened in 2009 to serve Tidworth, Ludgershall and the surrounding area: an area with a significant military presence. Consequently, we are proud to educate a large number of children from service families and with the growing super-garrison based on Salisbury Plain we expect our numbers to continue to rise.
What we offer?
- A School that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within the Trust.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Onsite Parking
- Operating one of the school’s bus routes, collecting children from given pick-up points along the route and delivering them to school (mornings) collecting them from school and dropping them back at the given points (afternoons).
- You will ensure that the mini bus is kept clean and in good condition, including, but not restricted to:
- Weekly cleaning of the bus, both inside and out.
- Ensuring signs inside the bus are properly attached and in good condition.
- Regular visual inspection/checking of tyres, lights, oil, water, fuel and first aid kit.
- Ensuring that any additional work required is communicated immediately to the Premises Manager.
- To liaise directly with parents when necessary.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons for who they are responsible, or with whom they come into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the all policies relating to safeguarding at all times.
- Any other adhoc tasks relating to minibuses as directed by the premises manager.
Closing date: 09.00am, Friday 27 May 2022
Interview date: to be confirmed.
The closing date listed is a guide only and that the vacancy may close earlier should sufficient number of applicants have been received.
We look forward to receiving your application should you be interested. If you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Wellington Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Please note any position that involves working with children requires a declaration of ALL convictions and cautions, regardless of whether these are deemed as 'spent'. An Enhanced DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before the interview, at the shortlisting stage, and will be used as part of the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one reference must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current employer. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.