We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and efficient Technical Support Assistant to work within our Inclusion department and, also, within the Music Department here at the school. This is an exciting post that also involves supporting evening events throughout the year, such as concerts, Open Evening, awards evenings and whole school productions. The technician support element of the role will involve assisting within the Music department at the school, whilst the pupil facing side of the role will involve supporting pupils with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities in the classroom in Music and the possibility of other curriculum areas.
The person we are seeking will:
- improve standards of learning and achievement in Music lessons, for all students in all Key Stages.
- promote the school’s inclusion policy by supporting students in their learning and development, and removing barriers to achievement.
- directly support students with SEND in various curriculum areas and differentiate resources as appropriate.
- provide technical support for teachers and students in order to ensure the smooth running of lessons, rehearsals, recording sessions and performances, in supporting A Level and GCSE students in recording and editing their music compositions.
- hold a knowledge of computer based Music Technology software or have a willingness to learn.
- hold an instrumental / vocal specialism.
- show a willingness to learn exam specifications to help supporting Key Stage 4 and 5 students.
- carry out administrative and other tasks related to the smooth running of the department including maintaining equipment and teaching areas.
- familiarise themselves with the school PA for music and whole school events.
Little Heath School is a highly successful comprehensive school (1658 on roll, including 366 in the Sixth Form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading, with good access to road and rail links. As a school, we pride ourselves on our Continuing Professional Development Programme, which supports teachers to continually improve their practice in innovative ways collaborating with other members of staff in order to develop their practice.
For an application form and information pack please email our recruitment team. Please address supporting letter of application to the Headteacher.
Closing date: Friday 6 August 2021
Interviews will be held week commencing: TBC
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School Governing Body is an equal opportunities employer. Appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk