Fixed term contract until July 2022
Required December 2021
Wellington Eagles Primary Academy are looking to appoint two Named Pupil Teaching Assistants to work on a 1:1 basis with individual SEND pupils. Working together with the class teacher, you will provide support to the pupils in all areas of the curriculum, to enable them to achieve the best possible outcomes and progress.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of working with children with SEMH and ASD.
- Can demonstrate relevant professional qualifications suitable to working with pupils with SEND.
- Can work independently but also alongside the teacher and the SENDCO.
- Is flexible and adaptable to the daily changing life within a primary school.
- Can support the pupil to reach the outcomes in their ECHP.
- Is prepared to lead both 1:1 and small group interventions.
- Can bring warmth and positivity to our school.
This is a great opportunity for a Named Pupil Teaching Assistant to develop their skills and expertise by working with our SENDCo, supporting teaching team and our Thrive practitioners.
We can offer you:
- A brilliant modern building which offers the very best in facilities to both children and adults.
- A friendly environment where everyone is valued.
- An exciting curriculum.
- Supportive colleagues and parents.
Please download an application form. Please note that CV’s are not accepted for this role.
Closing date: 9am, Thursday 25 November 2021.
Interview date: w/c 29 November 2021.
Wellington Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Please note any position that involves working with children requires a declaration if ALL convictions and cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as ‘spent’. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
References will be obtained before the interview, at the shortlisting stage, and will be used as part of the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one reference must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current employer. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.