Fixed Term Contract 1.1 TA • 25 Hours Term Time only
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to apply as a Teaching Assistant at Lawn Manor Academy in Swindon. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. To help promote the emotional, physical and educational development of pupils on a 1-1 basis.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Lawn Manor Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust ( RWBAT) based in Swindon. We offer a fantastic benefits scheme with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holidays and cinema, with online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh. Our school is set in the beautiful Lawn Manor Woods in Old Town Swindon.
- Working with a wide range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Coaching children on a 1:1 basis.
- Accompanying groups on trips.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly and well run school.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Courteous and hardworking pupils.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Good interpersonal skills with both adults and children.
- Proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
- The ability to be a Team Player.
- Understanding of school roles in relation to pupils' pastoral support
- A can-do attitude.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
For more information please download the application pack below.
Please note, CVs are not accepted and only completed application forms will be considered.
Closing Date: 9am, 3 December 2021
Lawn Manor Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.