Salary: Bucks Pay Range 3 ISN 16 – 20 £23,152 - £25,043 Pro Rata, Actual Salary £10,584 - £11,448
Contract Type: Permanent, Term Time Only
Hours: Part Time – 20 Hours Per Week
Start date: As Soon As Possible
To Apply: All applications are to be sent via email.
Informal visits are warmly welcomed, if you would like to make an appointment please also contact Mrs Ellie Davison, who will be delighted to arrange this for you.
Closing Date for Applications: 9:00am, Tuesday 8 November 2022
Interview Date: Thursday 10 November 2022 (Afternoon)
Roles and Duties
- Reinforce the standards and expectations that exist within the Aims of Alfriston.
- Assist with any admin if required in liaison with the Occupational Therapist.
- Complete accurate and timely notes following intervention sessions.
- Work as part of a wider staff team to aid parent engagement.
- Liaise with NHS Physio and external contacts, under the direction of the Occupational Therapist and co-ordinate with intervention SSA’s and ensure Physio interventions are completed.
Role as First Aider
- Support pupils with their daily first aid needs
- Support pupils with medical needs/conditions
- Support pupils who require prescribed medication during school hours
Role as Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Support the Occupational Therapist in delivering Occupational Therapy support to pupils
- Support the Occupational Therapist in recording Occupational Therapy notes and progress of pupils
- Deliver Occupational Therapy groups, with and without, the support of the Occupational Therapist
- Observe and report back on pupils with regards to Occupational Therapy goals
- Liaise with staff and parents with regards to Occupational Therapy Support
- Deliver group interventions within the curriculum (e.g Building blocks for Year 7 and Year 8)
- Support Occupational Therapist with Post-16 Social Skills lessons.
- Deliver 1:1 intervention’s as per Occupational Therapy Treatment plan.
- Assess and provide, low level, in classroom equipment
- Complete termly case studies to ensure reflective practice occurs regularly
- Support Intervention SSA’s as required
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities from time to time that may be reasonably required by the Headteacher.