Personal Assistant to Headteacher/SLT
Responsible to: Headteacher with Business Manager as line manager
Grade: Grade 8 Pt 18-23 £24,982 - £27,741 pro rata (Actual £21,638 - £24,028)
Hours: 37 Hours per week, Term Time Only, plus an additional 5 days per annumMain Purpose of Job:
- To follow Meadowbrook College procedures in safeguarding and child protection
- To provide an efficient, comprehensive and confidential support service to the Headteacher and to support the aims and ethos of Meadowbrook College
- To work sensitively and positively with staff parents/carers, pupils and key stakeholders and to carry out such other associated duties as are reasonably assigned by the Headteacher and Business Manager
- Work flexibly to meet the demands of the various tasks, variation in workload and deadlines.
NB: Depending on the skills of the post-holder and the changes to the whole-school development plan, these duties/responsibilities will be revised/adjusted over time with the Key Tasks:
- Be responsible for confidential secretarial, administration and clerical duties relating to all aspects of Headteacher’s work including management of diary, correspondence, records, exclusions and personnel files
- Assist the Headteacher in developing Meadowbrook College’s policies, routines, systems and operating procedures
- Make appointments and set up meetings as required
- Maintain the Headteacher’s diary and the school diary
- Open correspondence addressed to the Headteacher and take appropriate action
- Prioritise correspondence and communications on the Headteacher’s behalf and follow-up on correspondence, telephone calls, emails, memos and enquiries
- Ensure the Headteacher is briefed for all meeting with relevant correspondence, documents/presentations and in the Head’s absence refer matters to relevant Senior Leadership Team members for action
- Take minutes of meetings as required and distribute to relevant parties
- Be responsible for all the Headteacher’s administrative filing, including confidential staff files
- Manage hospitality for meetings and events/functions throughout the year
- Manage and appropriately deal with all incoming electronic communications to the schools general email and redirect to appropriate staff.
- Undertake all admin tasks related to recruitment
- Prepare induction packs for new members of staff
- Make bookings for staff to attend courses and keep a record of all courses attended
- Carry out Safer Recruitment checks and process Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) applications for new staff
- Maintain and Update Single Central Record in line with Safeguarding procedures
- Record and maintain records in relation to staff sickness absence and application for leave
- Undertake new and temporary staff inductions including providing them with Health and Safety information
- Create and maintain positive and supportive relationships with staff, parents, business, community and other partners including the Management Committee.
- Attend training courses as necessary
- Participate in performance appraisal system
- Provide admin support for meetings as required including preparation for meetings, minute taking and relevant follow up
- To undertake other duties which may arise from time to time. These to be agreed with the Headteacher and/or Business Manager.
The nature of this post will require flexibility to meet urgent work needs as they arise.
A review of this job description will be carried out as part of the annual appraisal.