As part of our growth, we currently have a number of vacancies for Pastoral Support Officers.
This role will provide support for students who are struggling to fully engage in education. The successful candidate will support students on issues including behaviour, engagement and attendance. The ability to communicate effectively with students, staff and parents is imperative in ensuring that effective pastoral support is provided for all pupils. Previous experience working with young people facing barriers to learning will be advantageous for the role.
Oak Wood School is a truly inclusive mixed, multi-ethnic 11-18 school that embraces all aspects of comprehensive education. The curriculum is well balanced and reflects the needs of all our students and the local community in that we cater for the academic and vocational subjects.
Situated on a large site close to Heathrow Airport and the centre of Hillingdon, Oak Wood School has much to offer:
- a commitment to the professional development of all its staff to become outstanding teachers and leaders
- staff wellbeing programme
- childcare and cycle to school vouchers
- excellent transport links (by train 45 minutes to central London), bus routes 427, 278 & U2, train (Chiltern Railways, Great Western Railway and Underground (Metropolitan & Piccadilly)
- on-site parking including electric charging facilities
- on-site catering facilities.
Completed applications to be sent to Shannon Smith, HR Officer by email. Please note that CVs will not be accepted - you must complete our Application Form to be considered for this post.
Visits to the school can be arranged if requested.
You can access our school website for further information and an application form by clicking the apply button.
Closing date: Monday 10 May 2021
Interviews: w/c 17 May 2021
The appointment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS Disclosure. Oak Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.