Full time/Part time
Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre is a very popular, oversubscribed and successful school set in 28 acres of parkland in Caversham to the north of Reading.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and well-qualified teacher of Physical Education to join a successful department with excellent resources and facilities. A willingness to teach across all years and abilities is essential. We welcome applications from NQTs, for whom we have a superb induction programme.
The successful candidate should be a highly motivated and successful practitioner who is willing to contribute to all aspects of the school vision and the many extra-curricular activities that the department offers.
Why Highdown School?
- We are a Good School with many outstanding features which continues to rapidly improve.
- We are committed to staff professional learning and leadership development for all staff, at all levels.
- We provide highly regarded ECT induction and Coaching for Excellence programmes.
- We have adopted a ‘Fair Workload Charter’.
- Staff benefit from being members of the PiXL Club and the Princes Teaching Institute.
- Staff have subsidised access to Highdown Sport and Leisure facilities.
We are on a journey to becoming a ‘regional centre of excellence’. Why not join us?
For details and an application form visit our website.
Please return your completed application form to Miss. Nicci Burns, Headteacher’s PA by email.
Closing date: Applications considered on receipt
Highdown School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are also trained in safer recruitment and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and a ‘Prohibition from Teaching’ check.