Kingsmead is a large, mixed, oversubscribed school – easily accessible from both central London and surrounds – with loyal staff, an established standing in the community and a very strong track record. We are consistently above average in Progress 8 and A Level value added, with high Ebacc entry and a wide range of options at KS4 and KS5. Those outcomes are built on a calm, purposeful and collaborative atmosphere.
Despite the school’s size and standing, the Headteacher was appointed relatively young after experience of leading for a high-performing academy chain and in one of the most successful London boroughs. He has restarted the school culture and approach over the last few years and is determined to push it forward from being in the top 20% nationally to being somewhere where things are achieved others do not think possible.
Kingsmead’s children need a great human being to join as a Co-Ordinator of Physics. The focus of this important role within the school is to work with the LDD to lead and develop all aspects of Science, providing expertise and strategic direction for all key stages. It is also to be responsible for the quality, delivery and impact of the Physics curriculum. The successful candidate will be part of a team given significant freedom to apply their knowledge and experience to continue to develop the curriculum and its teachers.
In helping to lead the Science department, you will be responsible for:
- Taking a lead role in school community by continuing to develop and implement a rigorous and ambitious curriculum which enables the highest level of pupil progress and attainment across all key stages.
- Helping to develop the subject knowledge and professional practice of the team to ensure consistently high standards of teaching.
- Modelling what it takes to be an outstanding teacher and subject leader.
For all our Kingsmead staff we offer:
* A clear and ambitious vision of what the school is for and where it is heading.
* Leaders who are focused on consistent application of systems that allow teachers to teach and children to learn.
* A professional but friendly environment.
* A culture of responsibility and collaboration, not blame.
* Opportunities for career development, with a dedication to providing consistent access to training and considerable time set aside for it across the year.
* Children who value their education, behave well and are positively engaged with the school.
* Dedicated governors, staff, children and parents who work hard to continue to develop our school
Application forms can be requested by emailing HR@kingsmead.org or by visiting the staff vacancies page on our website, by clicking on the Apply button.
Please do not send CVs, as they will not be considered.
If you’d like to arrange an informal conversation with the Headteacher before applying, please email HR@kingsmead.org
Closing date: 1pm, Monday 26 April 2021
Interviews date: w/c 26 April 2021.
We reserve the right to interview early and appoint, if the right candidate comes along – we encourage applicants to apply earlier than the deadline.
All schools and services in Enfield are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, all workers and employees within Enfield are expected to share this commitment.