Due to unprecedented demand, we are looking to appoint a Visiting Piano Teacher (VMT) to join our exceptional school.
The successful applicant will be an experienced and enthusiastic Piano Teacher who will have the initiative and ability to inspire and motivate pupils, building on the successes of our department and contributing to its further development. They will work with pupils across the Prep and Senior Schools and will be comfortable teaching from beginner to advanced level.
Currently we have approximately one day of teaching available however this may increase. We are looking to promote and develop the piano teaching in the department, so you will need to be flexible. You will work on a self-employed basis.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a passionate teacher and a committed team player.
- Plan and deliver inspiring instrumental lessons which allow students to make excellent progress.
- Be an excellent communicator with pupils, parents and staff.
- Be able to inspire all pupils from Reception to A-Level.
- Be an excellent performer.
- Contribute towards the music department through seeking out and delivering special opportunities to increase uptake and nurture those already learning.
- Meet the individual needs of students according to ability and experience, grouping students in same/similar ability lessons.
- Prepare students for external music examinations and for school-based performances.
- Provide updates as necessary around student attendance to lessons.
- Whilst at work, to take reasonable care for own health & safety and others who may be affected by their work and to co-operate with the governing body and its management to enable them to maintain a safe and healthy work place.
To apply for this role please complete the application and equal opportunities form found on the website along with an accompanying letter addressed to Mr David Boyd (Head) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 3 February 2023
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should the right candidate be found.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place w/c Monday 6 February 2023.
Tormead School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of its pupils and all staff must share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check and other Child Protection screening including checks with past employers. The post holder must adhere to the School’s Child Protection Policy at all times including attending mandatory training every three years.
Independent Day School for Girls 4-18 years Tormead School, Cranley Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 2JD www.tormeadschool.org.uk.
A member of The Girls Schools Association (GSA)