Specific duties of the post are:
- To provide a professional greeting to parents, pupils and visitors when they arrive at the school, providing direction, information assistance and answering phone calls in a helpful manner.
- Work with other members of the school's communication team to ensure that communication with parents and other key stakeholders is timely, efficient and professional, thus enhancing the reputation of the school.
- Act as a first port of call for parental communication with the school, directing enquiries to relevant staff via telephone or email.
- Complete administrative tasks in relation to Main and Pupil Reception, including supporting students with medical and pastoral issues, and administering First Aid as appropriate. First Aid training will be required.
- Support the work of the school's Attendance Officer in monitoring punctuality and attendance, completing registers and coding for late arrivals and students leaving school during the day.
- Managing the Visitor management system for appointments with outside agencies, including room booking.
- Managing deliveries in liaison with the Site Team & Resources Team.
- Managing post - incoming and outgoing; distribution to staffroom.
Little Heath School is a highly successful comprehensive school (1658 on roll, including 366 in the Sixth Form) situated in a pleasant semi-rural setting to the west of Reading, with good access to road and rail links. The school has recently benefited from a significant and transformational building project, opening a new £15 million main block in spring 2021.
As a school, we pride ourselves on our Continuing Professional Development Programme, which supports teachers to continually improve their practice in innovative ways, collaborating with other members of staff.
For an application form and information pack please email our recruitment team. Please address supporting letter of application to the Headteacher.
Closing date: Monday 4 July 2022
Interviews will be held: TBC
Little Heath School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Little Heath School Governing Body is an equal opportunities employer. Appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and the successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).