8:15 am to 4 pm with 0.5 hour for lunch • Term time plus inset days
Herries Preparatory School is seeking to appoint a Receptionist/Office Administrator.
Duties to include:
- Maintaining a welcoming environment, greeting children, parents and visitors
- First point of contact for all incoming telephone calls and e-mails to the school.
- Taking messages and forwarding on calls and e-mails to the appropriate member of staff and dealing with queries.
- Answering the door and ensuring all school visitors sign in/out following H&S and safeguarding procedures
- Review of class registers on a daily basis and query any late/absent pupils
- Coordination of After School Activities bookings
- Booking of coaches and venues
- Receive and disseminate post and deliveries
- Photocopiers and telephones - log any faults and book services
- Maintaining HUBMIS – pupils and staff
- Maintaining physical files – pupils and staff
- Ensuring that the SCR is maintained in line with ISI guidelines
- Supporting parent evenings administration
- General administration duties
- Carry out such other duties as the School shall reasonably consider appropriate to the role
More details available are available on our job description document.
How to apply
Please visit our website for further details about the school
Telephone 01628 483350
Suitable candidates may be interviewed before the closing date and we reserve the right to withdraw the position if an early appointment is made.
Herries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The protection of our pupils’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance along with other relevant pre-employment checks. References will be taken up and carefully checked.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships