32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative Reprographics Technician to join our school support team at Royal Wootton Bassett Academy.
Why Choose us?
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust , based in Swindon. It is oversubscribed, very successful, reflective and incredibly proud 11-18 school with 1,761 students on roll including 365 students in our popular and successful Sixth Form.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is committed to developing ' A growth mindset' and we would welcome an application from fellow professionals who share that mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in an outstanding school, in December 2010 the school was awarded "Outstanding " in every area.
- A great placed accessible school, situated in a pleasant location with Bath, Bristol, Cheltenham and the Cotswolds all within commuting distance.
- To work with a dedicated team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
- On site parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Fantastic benefit scheme with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holidays and cinema, online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh.
- Receiving printing/copying/scanning requests and fulfilling orders submitted using reprographic equipment.
- Assisting staff/students with special printing / copying requirements – paper sizes; document finishing; laminating; stapling; booklets including all finishing (using relevant machinery).
- Supervision of all users/staff/students when using reprographics machinery.
- Training new staff on correct and safe usage of reprographics equipment.
- Provide a ‘Design Service’ as and when required supporting effective presentation of materials for staff and students.
- Undertaking regular, basic maintenance, including changing toner, and safety checks on all School reprographic equipment.
- Work with External Suppliers, negotiation of prices and ordering supplies from outside suppliers.
- Arranging for repairs of equipment, as and when necessary, to ensure smooth operation of all equipment; Dealing with the service departments of suppliers to ensure service requirements of machinery are met; Arranging for collection and disposal of all surplus and unused printed materials and paper and waste toner.
- Maintaining and managing all stock including finalising and placing orders for new materials and paper.
- Calculating sundries costing and monitoring records of usage on a monthly basis and reporting on patterns of usage; Liaise with Finance on cross department usage fees.
- Ensuring that the School’s Reprographics Room and store cupboard is maintained and in a tidy and ordered appearance.
- To maintain a good working relationship with all staff, external agencies, parents and visitors to the school Qualifications/Experience.
- Undertake typing and word-processing and other IT based tasks.
- To support the school office where necessary.
- Comply with any reasonable request as requested by a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not contained within the generic role profile. The role profile may be changed by a manager in consultation with you.
The right candidate will have:
- RWBA Safeguarding and GDPR training.
- Experience of working in a school and using SIMS.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of organisational skills as requests and deadlines can change.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12am, 17th August 2022
Interview Date: TBC
We look forward to receiving your application should you be interested. If you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section