We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced School Administration Officer to join the Administration team. Featherstone High is a friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people.
- Excellent CPD programme and free access on online Microsoft certified training.
- Access to www.teacherperks.co.uk for all employees to exclusive benefits and big discounts from some of the UK's biggest brands.
- Generous Local Government Pension.
- Onsite gym membership with 50% off at £15 per month.
- Contribution towards eye tests and VDU prescription glasses.
- Exclusive access to Costco membership.
- We also offer a Cycle to Work scheme, free counselling, free onsite secure parking and occupational health service.
The main duties will include:
- To provide high quality administration to support Teaching and Learning in order to contribute towards effective learning in school.
- To provide high quality administration support to the SENCO with the implementation of statutory provisions.
- To support the School Administration Manager with the delivery of administrative and data support.
- To support administration of enrichment, extra-curricular activities and educational visits.
- Excellent administrative and ICT skills, including attention to detail on data entry work, and the ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a 'Can-do' attitude
- Previous experience of working in a secondary school environment
- SIMS experience (particularly the attendance module) gained from working in a school, voluntarily or paid, as well as experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
We value our staff and actively support their professional development. We are one of very few schools to achieve the Platinum Award for CPD - a reflection of the importance we attach to supporting the professional development of colleagues. We have recently been awarded the Well-being Award for Schools, where our support for staff and students well-being was highlighted as a strength.
Featherstone High is a friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people. All applicants are welcome to visit the school, application forms and further details are available from the School’s website. Electronic application forms are compulsory, please email your completed form to our HR Department.
Closing date: Friday 23 April 2021, however we reserve the right to close the advert early if we appoint sooner.
Featherstone High School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicants will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). References will need to be seen before any offer of employment is made.