The School Secretary’s primary function is in the provision of daily administrative support for the School and Senior Leadership Team, providing effective and efficient administrative support for the smooth running of the school, including the administration of the school’s Cover system.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the school’s Cover system and allocating internal teaching cover in support of the Deputy Head, including allocating emergency cover each day if and as required.
- To deal with parents, staff, pupils and visitors in person, by email and manage written correspondence as directed by the Deputy Head or Head of each School, and to treat such matters with confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Provide high-quality administration to ensure the smooth running of the office, including the publishing of the school’s daily bulletin for staff.
- Answer both internal and external telephone calls and deal with the queries.
- Overseeing the administration of all aspects of clubs and activities across the school, including external communications with coaches, allocation of spaces, maintaining of attendance records, and passing attendance on to Finance for billing purposes.
- Providing administrative support to Music, Drama and Dance in organising exam entries, assisting with programmes, and other ad hoc assistance with letters or similar as required.
- Assisting with the maintaining of the School calendar and supporting the Deputy Head with the calendar process.
- Providing administrative support to the Sport department in assisting with events admin and match information.
You will have:
- Experienced secretary/administrator with excellent spoken and written English.
- Able and confident in the use of Google.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- Well organised with effective time management.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Flexible team member.
- Pro-active and self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- A willingness to learn and adapt and ready to embrace new change initiatives.
- Experience in a school would be an advantage.
This role is full time.
Farlington is a co-educational day and boarding school for pupils aged 4 to 18, and is set in 33 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside. The school enjoys a strong reputation for its academic excellence and welcoming community. Farlington students are happy, fulfilled young people, fully engaged in the life of the school community, aspirational and committed to their studies.
Further details may be obtained from the website: www.farlingtonschool.com
Closing date for applications 30 September 2023 and we reserve the right to interview on receipt.
Farlington School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.