Do you know anyone that might be interested in a Science Technician role? If so, make a referral today for the chance to receive £100 as a reward. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the candidates’ name and contact details and we will be in touch with them about potential opportunities across the Trust. *Please ensure to obtain the person's consent to share their personal details.
Leigh Academy Bexley have a fantastic opportunity to appoint a suitably knowledgeable and experienced Science Technician whose overarching responsibility is to provide technical support and assistance to our highly successful and collaborative science department. Our technicians play a key role in the smooth day-to-day running of our subject areas so it is essential that our successful candidate is confident in providing technical assistance and student support in a classroom environment within this specialism.
Duties will include setting up equipment in a laboratory environment for practical lessons, the safe disposal of chemicals, responsibility for ionisation and radioactive materials, stock taking, retrieving and putting away equipment along with any other duties deemed necessary by the department.
What we are looking for in our successful Technician:
- An academic qualification, at least to A Level but preferably to degree level, within the science remit.
- If not an academic qualification, then experience working within a science-related role would certainly be sufficient.
- Practical experience within a school environment would be advantageous.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- The ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently.
What we can offer in return:
- An excellent opportunity for those strongly considering a career in teaching as training routes may be made available in the future.
- The opportunity to work within a department where our teaching staff are incredibly passionate about their subject area.
- Fantastic opportunities for training and development.
The working basis of the role is 36 hours per week, Term Time plus one week inset.
Our commitment to safeguarding: Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units which is in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates - you can read more about this in our Recruitment Guidance. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
Our commitment to equality and diversity: As a Trust, we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals, we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise. We are committed to providing equality and fairness throughout our recruitment and employment practices and not discriminating on any grounds.