37 hrs a week over 5 days – 38 weeks a year
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is seeking an enthusiastic science technician to join our experienced team, to provide high quality support for teaching and learning in Key Stages 3, 4 and 5 in order to meet the needs of all teachers and students within the Science department at RWBA. You will be working in a busy, vibrant and supportive environment where your reliability and forward planning will be essential.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust, based in Swindon. It is oversubscribed and incredibly proud 11-18 school with 1,781 students on roll including 365 students in our popular and successful Sixth Form.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is committed to developing ‘A growth mindset’ and we would welcome an application from fellow professionals who share that mind-set.
What we offer:
- The chance to work in an outstanding school, in December 2010 the school was awarded "Outstanding" in every area.
- A great placed accessible school, situated in a pleasant location
- To work with a dedicated team of professionals who are keen to learn and develop.
- Onsite parking
- Pension Scheme
- Fantastic benefit scheme with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holiday and cinema, online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh.
The right candidate will have:
Considerable experience of working in one or more of:
- An academic, technical or vocational qualification to GCSE ‘A’ level/NVQ Level 3 standard in subject area.
- Have an excellent use of IT packages to support learning in specialist area.
- Excellent personal skills
- Ability to establish good working relationships, work proactively within the team, liaise with suppliers, other school staff and pupils.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Good written & verbal communication
- Prior experience as a Lab Technician or similar
- A specialist qualification in science
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity download the application pack. Please note we only accept completed applications forms, and CVs are not accepted. Due to the number of applicants we may not be able to advise all unsuccessful candidates.
We will require two satisfactory references before a job offer is confirmed; one of which must be your line manager in your present or most recent employment. If you are at school/college or are leaving university, please give details of the name and address of your Headteacher or tutor. Please remember to check that your referees are actually available to provide a reference, as failure to do this could cause a delay in confirming your appointment.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 29 October 2021
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment