We are looking for an inspiring Second in Charge of maths to work alongside the head of maths to provide leadership for our high achieving department. Ealing Fields is a successful school that is part of the Twyford Academies Trust. You will lead our year 9 and 10 mathematics curriculums and support the Head of Maths in achieving outstanding outcomes across KS4.
You will join an ambitious, enthusiastic and innovative mathematics department that has a track record of delivering outstanding outcomes for our students. We offer comprehensive CPD, exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for our teachers.
You will be well supported with your professional development in this role by the Head of Maths and an experienced Senior Leadership Team.
- Exceptional professional development and career progression.
- Positive working relationships at all levels.
- A supportive Leadership Team.
- Opportunity to gain experience within four different Trust schools with a common commitment to professional collaboration.
The successful candidate will have:
- A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status.
- Ability and experience teaching Maths to at least KS4.
- Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments.
- An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement.
- An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively.
- Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement.
- A commitment to the ethos of the school.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted to Recruitment at Twyford School by the closing date and time above. These should be emailed to email@example.com
Please visit the Vacancies page of the Twyford Trust website to download a Job Description and application form: twyfordacademies.org.uk/job-vacancies
Closing date: 9am, Friday 24 March 2023.
Interview date: Tuesday 28 March 2023.
The school reserves the right to research shortlisted candidates on social media platforms and the internet, and the recruitment panel may take this information into consideration during the recruitment process.
The Twyford Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo the child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an enhanced disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) and references from previous employers. For more information about the DBS please see www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. The post-holder will also be expected to read and adhere to the Trust’s Child Protection Policy, and any other Safeguarding documents stated within this.