TEACHER OF SEND
Full time (Part time might be considered)
Ideally to commence September 2021
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, innovative and ambitious individual to play an important role in the school and make a significant impact to the life chances of our students.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Have previous experience of working within an Inclusive team
- Work with a variety of teachers across a range of subjects to further develop inclusive practice in lessons
- Have experience of completing SEN assessments and pastoral plans
- Be able to undertake specialist teaching on a 1:1, small group and whole-class basis
- Be a motivational teacher for all abilities ensuring learning is engaging and inclusive
- Have successful teaching experience in the area of SEN/EAL/Literacy/ASC/BESD
- Have a good proven track record in raising attainment and accelerating progress
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Have excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Have the ability to deliver specialist teaching and training in a specialist area across the Academy
- Be flexible and a good team player
- Able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school
Hinchley Wood School is an inclusive and high achieving school on the borders of SW London, celebrating student progress and development as well as academic achievement. We are an oversubscribed co-educational academy, with over 1,400 students on roll including 290 in our 6th form; and one of the top 200 performing schools in England and Wales in terms of the progress our students make between the end of Key Stage 2 and their GCSEs.
- a competitive salary (London Fringe Pay Scale);
- Two week Autumn half term and a minimum two week break over the Christmas period;
- Priority admissions criteria for children of staff (see application pack);
- A friendly, innovative and exciting community school where students and staff feel valued and supported.
- Students who are very keen to learn and make rapid progress.
- interest free travel/relocation loan;
- on site gym; and
- professional development support and an extensive CPD programme.
If you are an outstanding teacher, able to work with pupils with SEN, and committed to the achievement of pupils with SEN in an inclusive setting, we would like to hear from you. We welcome pre-application visits and enquiries. Please contact us on 020 8398 7161.
Application packs, giving further information about our school, the role and department and how to apply, can be downloaded from our website by clicking on the apply button.
Latest closing date for applications: Thursday 27th May 2021 (9 am)
Early enquiries and applications are encouraged.
Interviews are provisionally planned for: Friday 28th May, however we reserve the right to shortlist, appoint and interview prior to the closing date.
Hinchley Wood School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The position advertised is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.