Newlands is a successful and over-subscribed girls’ 11-18 comprehensive school with a strong reputation for academic achievement. During our last Ofsted inspection (October 2018) we were graded as Outstanding.
Our excellent GCSE results put us consistently in the top 10% of schools nationwide. We also have an outstanding success rate at A-Level, with an ALPS score of 3.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and passionate individual to coordinate the school’s SEND provision and manage the strategic development of the SEND department. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced teacher with vision and enthusiasm to take on the leadership of a department and develop a key role within the school.
We are looking for:
- An outstanding practitioner committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and personal achievement for all students.
- A leader who can both challenge and motivate a team, working collaboratively with staff, parents and external agencies.
- Someone with exciting ideas to build on good practice.
We can offer you:
- A school where colleagues are supportive and pupils highly motivated.
- A dedicated team with a high level of expertise.
- A school where behaviour is excellent and discipline is strong.
Further details of the post, including a full job description, and an application form are available on our website by clicking on the Apply button or from Mrs Bateson, the Headteacher’s P.A.
Letters of application and completed forms should be sent to Dr L.V. Ceska, Headteacher, by Monday 10th May 2021 and interviews will take place shortly afterwards.
We reserve the right to close the application early should we receive an overwhelming response.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.