Responsible to: Nursery Manager - 37 hours per week, all year round
Hours are negotiable and part time would be considered
Truro and Penwith College are looking to employ a level 3 qualified early years practitioner to become the senior of the pre-school room at their nursery, Truro college Day nursery.
As a senior, you will have the opportunity to provide a high quality of care and education for all our children by creating a positive, fun, and enabling environment that allows all the children to explore, develop and reach their full potential. You will also support the staff within the room ensuring the room is managed and run smoothly from day-to-day whilst implementing a positive and stimulating child-led approach to the planning, observation, and assessment system within the room.
This role briefly involves:
- Being a positive, caring, and confident role model with the drive to implement new ideas.
- Supporting the manager to ensure the room is well managed and all the children are always receiving the best level or care and safety by your colleagues.
- Organising the room to create a positive learning environment with the ability to plan activities and reflect on the practice and running of the room effectively.
- Having a clear understanding of the importance of the nursery’s policies and procedures and having the ability to effectively implement them within your practice.
- Liaising with the management and other professionals to ensure that all the children’s needs are met appropriately, and any concerns are addressed efficiently.
- Ensuring a smooth transition to school for the older children and communicating professionally with their new teachers.
- Supporting colleagues and any students/apprentices within the room.
- Always understanding and implementing a high level of safeguarding, putting the children’s safety and care first and complete a DBS check.
- Continually work as a team and effectively communicate with your colleagues and the manager to deliver the best care and education for all the children within the nursery.
- Attend training and regular staff meetings.
We offer a generous package with benefits including up to 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and College closure days, LGPS, relocation package, free on-site parking and a variety of on-site benefits and discounts.
Curriculum Vitae are not accepted, Application Forms only.
Closing date: 12 Noon, Friday 30 September 2022.
Successful candidates will be notified within four weeks of the closing date.
Truro and Penwith College is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo a Criminal Record (DBS) check and past employment checks.