Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 31 hours per week
We are keen to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Senior Science Technician to join our highly successful Science Faculty that has consistently achieved the very highest outcomes for our students. Leadership of the technical team is vital, as practical work is at the forefront of our science teaching across all key stages, including GCSE and Physics, Chemistry and Biology to AS/A2 level.
Are you enthusiastic, adaptable and a good team player with a willingness to learn?
Duties will include the preparation of apparatus, materials and solutions and setting up equipment and apparatus for use in practical classes. You will also be expected to carry out demonstrations and support the teaching staff and other technicians in the Faculty.
You will have:
- Technical knowledgeable, be well organised and have excellent administration skills.
- Lead role in modernisation of the science department.
- Experience of managing a team, as you will be managing a team of three Science Technicians.
- Leading the department in interpretation and resourcing new schemes of work.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and COSHH regulations and have a flexible approach to work.
- Experience of working with children or young people, excellent interpersonal skills and be confident in using computers.
- Good communication, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Appropriate qualifications with a strong science background, (preferably chemistry).
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 30th November 2021.
Interviews will take place the week: TBC.
CVs will not be considered, candidates must complete the School Application Form, which can be accessed on our website www.hendonschool.co.uk Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com We can only accept applicants who have the right to work in the UK.
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.