Full Time (37 hours) • Split shift (Mon - Fri) • Year-round (52 weeks)
We’re looking for a reliable and enthusiastic Site Controller to contribute to the safety, security and day-to-day maintenance of the school premises and site. Reading School believes Character Education belongs at the heart of the curriculum and our Estates Team are crucial for providing a safe, well-maintained and positive space in which our students can excel.
What you’ll do:
- Day to day maintenance of the school estate, including grounds, teaching areas and residential property.
- Act as key-holder and, with other team members, be responsible for the security of the school site.
- Ensure essential works are undertaken.
- Act as point of contact for out-of-hours emergencies.
- Proactively identify maintenance requirements and ensure the school site is operationally safe.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience in buildings maintenance.
- Experience of managing site projects.
- Experience of providing excellent customer service.
- Someone with a pragmatic and solution-led approach.
We understand that not being able to meet every skill on a job description can put many off from applying. You should apply for the job if you feel you are the right person for the role and can transfer skills from your current role to our setting. In particular, we would welcome applications from candidates with experience of heating systems, plumbing, electrics or fire and security systems.
All applicants must complete an associate staff application form which can be found on our website.
A full information pack can be found here.
Closing Date: 9am, Wednesday 6 December 2023
Interviews are anticipated to take place the following week. Early application is advised as we hold the right to close the application process early if a suitable applicant applies and is appointed.
Reading School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. Full details of our Safeguarding - Staff Recruitment Policy and Data Policy can be found on our website.