St Joseph’s College is seeking to appoint a Site Team Assistant with responsibility for the safety, security and cleanliness of the College under the direction of the Estates Bursar. The hours of work are between 12pm–10.15pm, Monday–Friday, and one weekend to be worked on a four week rota (Saturday and Sunday, 7.30am–5pm). Applicants should be self-motivated, reliable, a team player and able to use their initiative. Basic DIY skills and an awareness of health and safety are essential qualities together with an enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude.
The following qualities are essential:
- Excellent customer service and an enthusiastic can do attitude.
- Awareness of health and safety.
- Basic DIY skills.
- Ability to establish good working relationships and work well in a team.
At St Joseph’s we offer:
- A safe and happy environment in which academic and social skills are developed.
- A varied curriculum and excellent facilities.
- A strong sense of community.
- An excellent benefits package as outlined in the information pack.
This is an exciting time to become part of our dynamic team. Situated in the heart of Reading, St Joseph’s College is the leading independent day school for boys and girls aged 3 to 18 in Berkshire.
For us, success is about more than just exam results or awards. We celebrate each pupil as an individual, and aspire for them to leave St Joseph’s as mature and confident citizens, ready to tackle life head on with energy and vigour. The successful candidate will be fully supportive of the College Catholic tradition and ethos.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 31 January 2022.
Interview date: will take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.