An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as part of a welcoming, talented and highly motivated team in an Academy judged by OFSTED to be outstanding. We require a Sixth Form Learning Mentor – Academic, who will be instrumental in enabling students to successfully overcome academic or social barriers to learning.
Located in the London Borough of Barnet, Wren Academy is sponsored by the Church of England and Berkhamsted School. The Academy has developed a strong reputation for outstanding teaching and learning, as demonstrated by our Progress 8 figure, which places us in the top 100 schools nationally. We are an all-through school with an established Sixth Form and a primary phase which opened in 2015. The engaging curriculum and modern buildings have contributed to the Academy’s notable success.
Wren Academy Finchley is a small Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) and plans are well advanced to build our second school in Enfield.
We wish to appoint people who have:
- An ability to communicate well with young people and stay calm in all situations.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- The highest standards of punctuality and reliability.
- Help improve learning and increase academic progress.
- Provide practical support for teachers in and out of the classroom.
- Improve student attendance and/or punctuality.
- Support students not attending formal lessons.
- Help raise standards of behaviour.
- Work closely with parents.
Please note that we require the Wren Academy application form to be completed before we are able to consider your application. We do not accept CVs.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 3 December 2021, however applications will be considered as they are received.
Interview date: w/b 6 December 2021
The Wren Academies Trust is committed to the highest standards of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts which will be subject to enhanced checks.
The Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. We wish to further develop a diverse community and encourage applications from all sections of society.